The German Shepherd Dog Club of Greater Kansas City, listed as "GSDCGKC" throughout this site, is a not-for-profit organization affiliated with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the German Shepherd Dog Club of America (GSDCA)
The Mission of our club is:
- To encourage and promote the intelligent and selective breeding of the purebred German Shepherd Dogs and to do all possible to bring their qualities to perfection and encourage scientific research for the improvement of the breed.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials and any other AKC event.
- To educate the public generally as to the uses, habits, characteristics, advantages, training, care, companionship and treatment of German Shepherd Dogs.
- To urge members and breeders to accept, know and understand the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which German Shepherd Dogs shall be judged.
- To promote the use of the German Shepherd Dog in civil defense, armed forces, police duty, guide dogs for the blind, rescue service and gratuitous obedience exhibition for charitable institutions.
With the above statements in mind, the German Shepherd Dog Club of Greater Kansas City sponsors educational programs and invites speakers to our general monthly meetings which are open to members and guests.
Our club sponsors four major events each year:
- Tracking Dog Test
- Tracking Dog Excellent Test
- Two day - Obedience Trial
- Two day - Conformation Trial
During the spring and summer, we offer training classes, with a certification opportunity for the AKC "Canine Good Citizen" and "Star Puppy" titles.
We often donate proceeds from our training classes to our local law enforcement agencies to help pay for K-9 partner training, canine bullet proof vests, and other charitable opportunities that relate to the breed.
During the year we have several activities geared toward pure enjoyment with our wonderful dogs such as participating in local parades, our annual picnic, and club walks in our local parks.
We welcome you to visit our club and be a part of our shared love, dedication, and admiration for the German Shepherd Dog! For more information, please contact Chris Kimerer at firstname.lastname@example.org.